Changeing how long before Argus sends notifications

Jeremy Kister argus-01 at jeremykister.com
Tue Aug 2 03:01:38 EDT 2005

On 8/1/2005 11:04 AM, Andy wrote:
> What I  am trying to do is set it up so that group "two" would send
> notifications if a device in that group has been down for 60 minutes
> or more. Would the following config allow me to do that ?
[...]
> Group "two" {
>         #notify: andy at example.com
>         sendnotify: yes
>         escalate: 60 mail:andy at example.com
>         overridable:    yes
>         messagedn:      %i %r %s %t
>         Include "/var/argus/two"
> }

retries/frequency is probably the only reasonable way to do it.

A hack would include setting up an email address that throws away mail
(i.e. bitbucket).

Group "two" {
 sendnotify: yes
 notify: bitbucket at example.com
 renotify: 0
 escalate: 60 mail:andy at example.com
 [...]
}

I havent tested the "renotify: 0" -- if it doesnt work, do renotify:
3600 and argus will just send out two notices that will be thrown away.

Then you'll get your escalation notice at 60 minutes.

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./