Sending a specific number of notifies.

Jeremy Kister argus-01 at jeremykister.com
Wed Aug 10 20:09:40 EDT 2005

On 8/10/2005 5:08 PM, Eddie Harris wrote:
> I have some low priority boxes, that I don't want to inundate folks with
> notifications about them being down.  However, I don't want to send only
> one notify as with the autoack (the local paging system isn't great and
> they may miss only one, on the other hand if they are in a restaurant, I
> don't want them to get pages every X minutes, until they can get to a
> browser to ack).

Argus will resend the page every 5 minutes by default.. you could set it
to a higher value on the low priority objects --

Group "Unimportant" {
  renotify: 1800
  escalate: 180 mail:escalate at example.com
  hostname: host.example.com
  Service Ping
  [...]
}

that'd resend the page every 30 minutes, and would escalate after 3 hours.

i'm not sure if "escalate: " is valid, to turn off escalation all together.

When Jeff gets back from la-la land, i'm sure he'll follow up.

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net/