Scalability

Jeff Weisberg jaw+arguslist at tcp4me.com
Sun Jan 30 23:03:09 EST 2005

|     I'm wondering how much data Argus can reasonably be asked to
| handle.  Does anyone know what the largest installation is to date, and
| the type of hardware it's running on?  Can Argus run threaded?

the largest installation that I know of, is monitoring
over 10000 hosts. I don't know what they are running on.

if you want to monitor a lot of services, you'll need
to pay attention to memory (argus uses a lot) and cpu
(argus uses very little). running 'argusctl status'
and having argus graph its own memory, cpu, (etc) stats,
will be useful. see:
	http://argus.tcp4me.com/self.html

	--jeff