Execute check only during a specific timeperiod?

Sebastian.Kayser at bifab.de Sebastian.Kayser at bifab.de
Wed Nov 30 11:22:55 EST 2005

arguslist-bounces at tcp4me.com schrieb am 30.11.2005 17:14:38:

> we have got some LVM-snapshots we would like to monitor with argus.
These
> snapshots are existent during our nightly backup, but should not be
> existent between 06.00 and 18.00 (that's 6am - 6pm).
>
> To check the existence we use an one-liner (connect via "pubkeyed" SSH,
> execute a lvdisplay <snapshotname> and check the return value). So far
no
> problem, but how do we tell argus to only check this during the day?
>
> I have had a look at the cron-functionality of argus by which i could
set
> an override every morning at 6am for 12 hours. Is this the way it is
> supposed to be done or are there better ways to accomplish our
> timeperiod-needs?

Silly me, i meant "set an override at 6pm for 12 hours" of course.

Best thing i could imagine would be a cron inside argus which does not set
parameters but simply executes the service check at specified times.
Otherwise (i.e. besides the times specified by cron) the service check
would not be executed at all. Is that possible?

Cheers,

Sebastian