Execute check only during a specific timeperiod?

Sebastian.Kayser at bifab.de Sebastian.Kayser at bifab.de
Wed Nov 30 11:14:38 EST 2005

Hi all,

we have got some LVM-snapshots we would like to monitor with argus. These
snapshots are existent during our nightly backup, but should not be
existent between 06.00 and 18.00 (that's 6am - 6pm).

To check the existence we use an one-liner (connect via "pubkeyed" SSH,
execute a lvdisplay <snapshotname> and check the return value). So far no
problem, but how do we tell argus to only check this during the day?

I have had a look at the cron-functionality of argus by which i could set
an override every morning at 6am for 12 hours. Is this the way it is
supposed to be done or are there better ways to accomplish our
timeperiod-needs?

Cheers,

Sebastian