Cron Confusion.. Continued... *ugh*

Matt.A.Cleveland at healthnet.com Matt.A.Cleveland at healthnet.com
Wed Sep 7 10:27:25 EDT 2005

I use several crons successfully.  Here is an example.

                   cron "0 15 * * 1-4" {
                       func: override
                       text: System is normally down on evenings and
weekends - we only check this service during core business hours of 9:00 to
3:00 Monday through Friday.  The current override is for overnight.
                       mode: manual
                       expires: 64800
                       quiet: no
                   }
                   cron "0 15 * * 5" {
                       func: override
                       text: System is normally down on evenings and
weekends - we only check this service during core business hours of 9:00 to
3:00 Monday through Friday.  The current override is for the weekend.
                       mode: manual
                       expires: 237600
                       quiet: no
                   }

::
:: Matt Cleveland
:: Web Architect
:: Health Net Inc.
:: 916.935.1248
:: matt.cleveland at healthnet.com
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

             Jason 'XenoPhage'
             Frisvold
             <friz at godshell.co                                          To
             m>                        Discussion about Argus
             Sent by:                  <arguslist at tcp4me.com>
             arguslist-bounces                                          cc
             @tcp4me.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Cron Confusion.. Continued...
             09/06/2005 07:59          *ugh*
             PM

             Please respond to
             Discussion about
                   Argus
             <arguslist at tcp4me
                   .com>

Hi all,

I haven't seen a response to the below message, so I'm re-posting it.
Does anyone know the answer to this?  Is anyone using the cron feature?

Thanks!

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold wrote:

>*Help!*
>
>I'm apparently missing something, or doing something wrong, or maybe
>even completely misunderstanding this feature..  The goal is to
>automatically override at 4 am, for an hour.  The example on the
>documentation page of the site actually has 6 fields in the cron
>command, but I was told previously that that was incorrect...
>
>I'm running Argus dev-20050720
>
>So, here's a snippet of my config.  Can someone please tell me what I'm
>doing wrong??
>
>         Service SYS/disk {
>            uname: usr2
>            label: usr2
>            arg: /usr2
>            graph: yes
>            maxvalue: 5
>            cron "0 4 * * *" {
>               func: override
>               text: Backup In Progress
>               expires: 3600
>               mode: manual
>            }
>         }
>
>This is from the log last night :
>
>Wed 31 Aug 04:49:27 2005            up          TRANSITION - up
>Wed 31 Aug 04:24:27 2005            down              TRANSITION - down
>

>It *did* work..  once...  :
>
>Wed 24 Aug 05:00:49 2005            up          OVERRIDE - removed by
system
>Wed 24 Aug 05:00:49 2005            up          OVERRIDE - expired
>Wed 24 Aug 04:44:27 2005            up          TRANSITION - up
>Wed 24 Aug 04:00:49 2005            down              OVERRIDE - enabled
by *internal-cronjob*
>Wed 24 Aug 04:00:49 2005            down              OVERRIDE - Backup In
Progress

--
---------------------------
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
friz at godshell.com
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
---------------------------
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone and
unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the source
of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the Tao of
Programming."

http://argus.tcp4me.com/
Arguslist at tcp4me.com

This  message,together  with  any  attachments, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed. It may contain information
that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that  any dissemination  or copying of this
message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please notify
the  original  sender immediately by telephone or by
return e-mail and delete this message, along with any
attachments, from your computer.  Thank you.