Notifications - How to extract hostname/ip adress

Frithiof Jensen (AH/LMD) frithiof.jensen at ericsson.com
Wed Sep 7 07:52:33 EDT 2005

Thanks,

Yes - that is similar to my first effort; i.e running "mysql" from the command line directly.

What I would like to do was to extract the host name and other bits of info with the % options and insert them in different columns.

The problem I have is that there seems to be no way of doing that except by reg-exing the entire message (and the % options are there to avoid that, not?)

The performance is not too critical (i think) - it is for maybe 30 nodes and the only purpose is to send a notification to a Java process/GUI environment that needs to correlate the notification with sysLocation (p.t. collected by another process, unless Argus can do that too.)

My management box is a P4 with 1GB ram so maybe thats why I cannot feel 5 second update rates and notifications on every one - to make it look interactive to people that like to see network management test cases met but cannot wait ;-).

PS:

Is there a quick-and-dirty way to get Argus to poll snmp values and extract a copy of them instead of just testing them?.