Alert siren in Mozilla...

Tom Lisjac netdxr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 16:32:14 EDT 2005

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but the link to the full list
archive is broken:

http://www.tcp4me.com/pipermail/arguslist.mbox/arguslist.mbox

Our school district is very happy with Argus! I've set up dual, cross
checking installs and a dedicated monitor in our operations center so
all of our network engineers can see and hear the alerts.

The problem is that we're a Linux shop and the siren only works with
IE. I've tried adding a helper app in Mozilla 1.7 for the audio/wav
type that calls /usr/bin/play... but it never executes.

The audio alarms are *very* useful for us... but I'm not sure I can
accept the idea of IE being used to support our Linux infrastructure!
:o)

Has anyone on the list had this problem? Any suggestions would be
*greatly* appreciated!

Best regards,

-Tom Lisjac