Alert siren in Mozilla...

Tom Lisjac netdxr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:18:01 EDT 2005

On 9/27/05, Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold <friz at godshell.com> wrote:
> Tom Lisjac wrote:
>
> >Our school district is very happy with Argus!

> Nice to see a full Linux shop in a school..  :)

There is still a lot of Redmond on the desktops... but the Penguin
rules our server room! :)

> I *swear* I ran into this..  I'm not sure what I changed, but when I
> have an alert, it looks like this in the html :
>
> <OBJECT DATA="/argus/nx01-redalert.wav" TYPE="audio/x-wav" HEIGHT=0></OBJECT>
>
> Yeah.. I changed the sound..  :)  I *think* you need to change it from
> audio/wav to audio/x-wav ...  Do that and you should be golden. :)

I did have the mime type set as audio/x-wav and I can play the file
with Mozilla if I directly load it with a url. I don't think the
OBJECT DATA tag is being recognized Mozilla 1.7. Looked on Mozilla
site. All I could find were lectures about what a bad idea it is to
use sound on a website... not very useful!

Thanks for the reply, Jason. I'm going to keep pluggin'... can't abide
IE watching my Linux boxes. :)

-Tom