no web interface

George Donnelly list at zettai.net
Mon Jan 9 13:00:46 EST 2006

Jeff Weisberg wrote:
> | However, I do agree that the documentation is very weak and you have to
> | do a lot of trial and error until it "clicks" for you, and you see the
> | simplicity of it - a problem that could be easily fixed with just a
> | basic "getting started" & and "for example" type guide (which doesn't
> | exist).
>

> as the author, the documentation is just right and obvious.
>
> but also as the author, I've never been a new user, and
> perhaps don't have a good perspective on what is and isn't
> clear to a new user.
>
> it would be great if someone else were to add a basic
> "getting started" and "for example" type guide to the wiki:
>
> 	http://argus.tcp4me.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

when i got started with argus i definitely had to re-read the
documentation many times.

but this is entirely normal when learning something new.  this is simply
an investment one must put in to reap the benefits of the system.

no documentation is ever perfect but the argus docs are farther along
than most FOSS projects and certainly far enough along to get one well
on his way.