no web interface

Alexandru E. Ungur alexandru at globalterrasoft.ro
Mon Jan 9 12:54:30 EST 2006

>>> sender: "Jeff Weisberg" date: "Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 11:37:15AM -0500" <<<EOQ
>

> | However, I do agree that the documentation is very weak and you have to
> | do a lot of trial and error until it "clicks" for you, and you see the
> | simplicity of it - a problem that could be easily fixed with just a
> | basic "getting started" & and "for example" type guide (which doesn't
> | exist).
>

> as the author, the documentation is just right and obvious.
>
> but also as the author, I've never been a new user, and
> perhaps don't have a good perspective on what is and isn't
> clear to a new user.
As an once new user I found your docummentation very precise and to the point.
I could configure argus in a matter of minutes following the steps outlined
here: http://argus.tcp4me.com/install.html

> it would be great if someone else were to add a basic
> "getting started" and "for example" type guide to the wiki:
>
> 	http://argus.tcp4me.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

I for one, don't think anybody could put it more clear and simple.
Besides, there are very high chances that if someone can't follow those
simple 13 steps to install argus, they really do not needed it at all :)
I really can't imagine a situation where somebody would like to monitor
servers, but wouldn't be able to follow that simple install doc...

All the best,
Alex

P.S. this new wiki style looks nice :)