A couple of questions

Matt.A.Cleveland at healthnet.com Matt.A.Cleveland at healthnet.com
Thu Jul 6 15:42:11 EDT 2006

> On 7/6/2006 6:38 AM, ulrik.mikaelsson at canaldigital.se wrote:
> > A) Is it possible to configure Argus to not send alarms during the
>  > "sleeping hours" of the day? I understand it can be solved by a
>  > custom notify-method, but is there some more generic way to handle
>  > this, or an existing written method to filter this?
>
> Besides setting an override cron, I don't think so.
>
> Easiest way may be to have a cron that redirects your destination
> mailbox to the bitbucket.  So if argus sends notifies to
> argus_alert at example.com, you could have a cron that just throws away
> that mail during certain hours.

Even easier is to have cron set an override.  You can use something like
the following.  It can be placed inside a service or a group.

        cron "0 13 * * 5" {
            func: override
            text: This server is overridden because there is no reason to
check non-production boxes on evenings and weekends.  The current override
is for the weekend.
            mode: manual
            expires: 219600
            quiet: no
        }

This  message,together  with  any  attachments, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed. It may contain information
that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that  any dissemination  or copying of this
message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please notify
the  original  sender immediately by telephone or by
return e-mail and delete this message, along with any
attachments, from your computer.  Thank you.