Argus Problem?

Rionel.J Jeudy rionelj at gmail.com
Thu May 11 09:55:29 EDT 2006

When argus sends an E-mail the subject line looks like the following:

Top:New-York,NY:firewall-01:Ping_10.0.0.101 is down

But, I'd like to have my subject line look like the following:

Firewall-01 is down

(As you can see I'd like o get rid of the location and the word Top)
what should i do?
Below is a sample of my config

Method "mail" {
                command:        sendmail -t
                send:           To: %R\nFrom:%F\nSubject: %O is %S\n\n
              }

Group "New-york, NY" {
frequency: 15
autoack: yes

Host "firewall-01" {
        hostname: 10.0.0.101
        note: ny firewall
        info: fw0110.0.0.101
        service: Ping
        }
}

2) From the same config, although I use "autoack: yes" argus sends
multiple E-mails why?

3) In the argus documentation I notice the following:

%O {param} what should be inside the bracket?