How messagedn and messageup work? I'D like to have them in the body of theE-mails

Jeremy Kister argus-01 at jeremykister.com
Wed May 31 17:21:30 EDT 2006

On 5/31/2006 2:33 PM, Rionel.J Jeudy wrote:
> Why messagedn and messageup is not working for me
> I'D like to have messagedn and messageup to be in the body of the E-mail.

you spelled messageup incorrectly, and i think you have them in the
wrong place.

> frequency: 32

interesting, but OK :)

> Host "fw01 172.16.8.222" {
>   hostname: 172.16.8.222

Host "foo" and then hostname: bar is contradicting.  You should use Host
"hostname" -- or -- Group "groupname" and hostname: hostname

Group "fw01 172.16.8.222" {
   hostname: 172.16.8.222
   note: fw01
   Service Ping {
     messagedn: IP:64.191.218.4 Host:FW Outside Interface to vlan is DOWN
     messageup: IP:64.191.218.4 Host:FW Outside Interface to vlan is UP
   }
}

--

Jeremy Kister