Missing Auth file

Jack Bloch gottgert at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 08:39:59 EDT 2007

I have just installed the latest version of Argus. It is running on a Linux centOS5 system. I have my data directory defined in /var/argus and have set up a simple users and conf file. When I try to connect, however I get an access denied message "cannot tie /var/argus/auth". I do not have an aut file in the directory. How does this auth file get set up? what do I have to do to create it?

  I have installed argus as root (due to some system constraints). Is this OK?   Please cc me on any replies.

  Thanks in advance.....