Auto Summaries

Jeremy Kister argus-02 at jeremykister.com
Sat Jun 21 02:34:39 EDT 2008

On 6/21/2008 2:21 AM, Michael Samuel wrote:
> I was thinking about implementing auto-summaries for notifications, so
> that if more than 1 item (or a configurable number) in a group goes down
> at the same time, it sends a notification for the group, rather than one
> for each item.

You can modify qtime and nolotsmsgs in the notification method.  making
qtime greather than 0 delays notification for x seconds and waits for
more notifications.  then after x seconds, argus will send one message
containing all the notifications within that period.  nolotsmsgs will
show each notification rather than the "lots of stuff went down" summary.

so you might want to add to your config:
Method "mail" {
   nolotsmsgs: yes # no lots of stuff just went down
   qtime:      10  # gather notifications for 10 seconds
   command:    sendmail -t
   send:       To: %R\nFrom:%F\nSubject: Argus %E\n\n%M\n
}

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./