ACLs: am I doing something wrong?

Roberto Alsina ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar
Sat Mar 29 00:45:57 EDT 2008

Hello, I have used argus for a while, but recently decided to start using ACLs
and I just can't make them work. Am I doing something wrong?

Here's the relevant fragment of my users and config files (modified to protect
the inocent ;-):

username      xxxxxxxxxxx   Top:Company                          company

Group "Company" {
	acl_root:       company
:
:
}

I nuke var/auth and restart argus to be sure I have no leftovers from other
sessions, and when I login I get this:

ERROR
	Access Denied

You do not have page permission on the requested object

I tried also adding a

       acl_page:      company

but there's no difference.

This is running 20080304 on a Centos 4 linux with perl v5.8.8.

I'd try to debug it but perl is really not my forte.

--
 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  KDE Developer (MFCH)
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'  http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar

by definition, not smart enough to debug it. --Brian W. Kernighan