ACLs: am I doing something wrong?

Roberto Alsina ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar
Sat Mar 29 22:45:42 EDT 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008 01:45:57 Roberto Alsina wrote:
> Hello, I have used argus for a while, but recently decided to start using
> ACLs and I just can't make them work. Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Here's the relevant fragment of my users and config files (modified to
> protect the inocent ;-):
>
> username      xxxxxxxxxxx   Top:Company                          company
>
> Group "Company" {
> 	acl_root:       company
>

> }
>
> I nuke var/auth and restart argus to be sure I have no leftovers from other
> sessions, and when I login I get this:
>
> ERROR
> 	Access Denied
>
> You do not have page permission on the requested object
>
> I tried also adding a
>
>        acl_page:      company
>
> but there's no difference.

I think I narrowed what's broken: acl_root.

If I just use acl_page and the others, inside a group, it works just fine.
But if I try to use acl_root, it doesn't.

Also, if I use acl_root outside groups, it logs this:

WARNING: in file '/opt/argus/var/config' on line 43 - additional data not
permitted here (ignored)

--
 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  KDE Developer (MFCH)
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'  http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar

by definition, not smart enough to debug it. --Brian W. Kernighan