'depends' directive in config files

Scott Hiemstra scott at hiemstra.us
Mon Oct 26 20:10:19 EDT 2009

Gonzalo,

I try to think of it like this...

Argus <-> test1 <-> test2

If test1 is  a router and test2 is a host on the other side of that router, there is no route to test2 if test1 goes down.  I would then setup a dependancy statement where all tests to test2 depend on test1 being up.

Psuedo-code  for the logic process would be:
If test1 is down then
	do nothing
Else
	perform tests for test2
Endif

Something like this would go into the config for test2:
depends: Top:test1

I can't really think of any other way to explain it, perhaps someone else can jump in if this doesn't answer your question.

Thanks,
Scott