Service Prog

Scott Hiemstra shiemstra at h2.com
Thu Jan 19 14:09:07 EST 2012

This may be an undocumented feature, figured I would ask before attempting it.  The docs for "Service Prog" state that expect is required but I would like it to evaluate the value of an integer against a known threshold.  I know I could run it through SNMP and then use maxvalue on the OID but prog seems like it fits the bill a little more.  Is it possible to have a program check use maxvalue instead of expect?  If there is another way to do this such as a fancy regex, I welcome that as well.

I'm running Argus: dev-20111102.

I would like to do something like this:
Service Prog {
	command:	bash /usr/local/bin/my_script_that_returns_an_int.sh
	maxvalue:	5
}

Thanks in advance,
Scott