Service Prog

Jeremy Kister argus-02 at jeremykister.com
Thu Jan 19 15:31:15 EST 2012

On 1/19/2012 2:09 PM, Scott Hiemstra wrote:
> I would like to do something like this:
> Service Prog {
> 	command:	bash /usr/local/bin/my_script_that_returns_an_int.sh
> 	maxvalue:	5
> }

That'd work just fine.  but you should also be careful that some
unexpected output is not evaluated to 5.  in shell it'd be much less
common, but when I was running perl code, I broke one of the modules the
script was using and perl was returning some error about it, but didnt
trip the value test.

so something more appropriate might be:
Service Prog {
  command:   bash /usr/local/bin/my_script_that_returns_an_int.sh
  maxvalue:  5
  nexpect:   [a-zA-Z]
}