Service Prog

Scott Hiemstra shiemstra at h2.com
Thu Jan 19 16:05:40 EST 2012

Works like a champ, thanks man.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: arguslist-bounces at tcp4me.com [mailto:arguslist-bounces at tcp4me.com] On Behalf Of Jeremy Kister
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:31 PM
To: Discussion about Argus
Subject: Re: Service Prog

On 1/19/2012 2:09 PM, Scott Hiemstra wrote:
> I would like to do something like this:
> Service Prog {
> 	command:	bash /usr/local/bin/my_script_that_returns_an_int.sh
> 	maxvalue:	5
> }

That'd work just fine.  but you should also be careful that some unexpected output is not evaluated to 5.  in shell it'd be much less common, but when I was running perl code, I broke one of the modules the script was using and perl was returning some error about it, but didnt trip the value test.

so something more appropriate might be:
Service Prog {
  command:   bash /usr/local/bin/my_script_that_returns_an_int.sh
  maxvalue:  5
  nexpect:   [a-zA-Z]
}
http://argus.tcp4me.com/