DOWN view in Argus

Jeremy Kister argus-01 at jeremykister.com
Wed Mar 31 02:29:54 EST 2004

On Tuesday, March 30, 2004 5:02 PM, Bryan wrote:
> Is there a way to create a group or view which shows every item that is
down
> in the other groups?

Not that I know of, but a few lines of perl can do a [rather] good job.

http://www.jeremykister.com/jeremy/code/argus/down.pl

drop that into your /cgi-bin/, chown/chmod accordingly, and put

you may have to modify the location of argusctl, whoopwhoop.wav, and/or your
refresh interval.

very untested, and i'm sure of two instances that will show an object when
it probably shouldnt.
I'm sure someone (or I) could come up with a prettier solution, but thats
what you get for 15 min of free programming :)

Jeremy Kister
www.jeremykister.com/jeremy/