Resolv abnormalities

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold friz at godshell.com
Fri Feb 11 21:31:54 EST 2005

Jeremy Kister wrote:

>Using the new Resolv feature of 20050207, I'm getting seemingly random
>DNS lookup failures.  These failures are few and far apart.  Argus sends
>an alert saying an object is down, and then in a few seconds sends an
>alert saying it's back up.

I initially had the same exact problem.. Until I realized that the
resolver uses only the nameserver listed and will no longer use the
/etc/hosts file..  Once I realized this I was able to make appropriate
changes to the configuration to make it work..

Is it possible you have something similar?

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
friz at godshell.com
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the Tao of Programming."