monitor free disk space

Matt.A.Cleveland at healthnet.com Matt.A.Cleveland at healthnet.com
Thu May 11 11:53:36 EDT 2006

I do system testing such as this via script invoked by SSH.

...Matt Cleveland
...Web Architect
...Health Net Inc
...916.935.1248
...matt.cleveland at healthnet.com

* There's no place like 127.0.0.1

             Roger Fishwick
             <roger at keyslider.
             co.uk>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  Discussion about Argus
             arguslist-bounces         <arguslist at tcp4me.com>
             @tcp4me.com                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/11/2006 08:47          monitor free disk space
             AM

             Please respond to
             Discussion about
                   Argus
             <arguslist at tcp4me
                   .com>

Hi,

I am doing a bit of tidy up on my argus setup, one of the things I have
intended to change for a while is how I monitor free disk space on a number

of servers, currently I have a small script that calculates the free space
and returns a code if there is a problem I make this available via the web
interface, and call this from argus.

I was wondering if any one had a better solution they would be willing to
share with me ?

BTW Argus is still the 'best' (most usable,most reliable, most performant)
of the many monitoring solutions I have used !

Regards,
Roger

--

http://argus.tcp4me.com/
Arguslist at tcp4me.com

This  message,together  with  any  attachments, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed. It may contain information
that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that  any dissemination  or copying of this
message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please notify
the  original  sender immediately by telephone or by
return e-mail and delete this message, along with any
attachments, from your computer.  Thank you.